From: pooja_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-04-19 13:45:07

Hi,

I want to put semaphore in bml.h--- mca_bml_send before and after calling
btl_send.
SO that when a process call btl_send it first lock a global variable X and
then proceeds.Also if an external Tcp function wants to send data it
should first lock global variable X and then proceed.

Can anyone tell me only changing bml.h is enough or are there any other
files where I need to make changes.
(As I tried doing this and run mpi program it gave me ORTE time out error
also when I changed file back to normal it was not compiling and giving me
error in libmca_bml.la etc...unfortunately I deleted entire folder and
downloaded new version.)

Can any one please help me and tell me how should I go about implementing
locks/semaphore in bml layer so that all mpi process access lock(of same
priority ) and continue working while Tcp acquire only when network is
free(or there is lot of serial operation between 2 mpi sends).

Thanks and Regards
Pooja