From: Christian Kauhaus (ckauhaus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-17 03:31:03

Ralph H Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]>:
>even though the HNP isn't actually part of the MPI job itself, or the
>processes are opening duplicate OOB sockets back to the HNP. I am not
>certain which (or either) of these is the root cause, however - it needs
>further investigation to identify the source of the extra sockets.

If you are using the IPv6-ready code: in this case we need to create two
sockets for each OOB/TCP. One uses AF_INET and one uses AF_INET6.
IIRC, we close the superfluous socket once the connection attempt on
either one succeeds. Adrian, correct me if I'm wrong. :-)
Unfortunately, there's no easy way around this.

Christian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus                               <><
Lehrstuhl fuer Rechnerarchitektur und -kommunikation