From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-05 13:25:41

Discriminate we did. Not intentionally, but you are correct that it
is not supported by all the launchers yet.

We are not removing it, but I don't have the cycles at the moment to
add the support to all the different launchers. It is about 10 lines
that need to be added to the launchers, and shouldn't take much time.
Are you volunteering?

-- Josh

On Apr 5, 2007, at 1:10 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

> I'm coming back on this feature. Whatever it does, it doesn't do it
> right. If we support a new feature, then at least it should be
> supported by all launchers (HINT it should go somewhere in the
> base). As I read the PLS code, only the RSH PLS can have this
> feature. That's called discrimination !!! Either we support it
> everywhere, or we completely remove it.
>
> george.
>

> On Mar 2, 2007, at 3:58 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> On Mar 2, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Josh Hursey wrote:
>>
>>> Certainly the end user could specify another file to use in addition
>>> to the default MCA parameter files (mca_param_files), but then they
>>> must also specify the other locations that already exist in that
>>> path
>>> (e.g., $HOME/.openmpi/mca-params.conf:$SYSCONFDIR/openmpi-mca-
>>> params.conf). This is a short cut in a sense, so the end user