From: David Daniel (ddd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-21 12:17:38

I'm experimenting with heterogeneous applications (x86_64 <-->
ppc64), where the systems share the file system where Open MPI is
installed.

What I would like to be able to do is something like this:

    mpirun --np 1 --host host-x86_64 --prefix /opt/ompi/x86_64
a.out.x86_64 : --np 1 --host host-ppc64 --prefix /opt/ompi/ppc64
a.out.ppc64

Unfortunately it looks as if the second --prefix is always ignored.
My guess is that orte_app_context_t::prefix_dir is getting set, but
only the 0th app context is never consulted (except in the dynamic
process stuff where I do see a loop over the app context array).

I can of course work around it with startup scripts, but a command
line solution would be attractive.

This is with openmpi-1.2.

Thanks, David