From: Bert Wesarg (wesarg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-07 08:17:01

Hello,

my main object was the object caching facility for pure performance
reason. And as I wrote I don't even test it. All the debug and align
features was out of my mind. Only to get the object caching feature from
libumem is a little bloaty, I must admit. But maybe there is a realy
performance boost noticeable. Than it would be better to include a object
cache into OMPIs own memory subsystem. But something showed up by
including this second memory subsystem: I found 2 piece of code that use
just a free() to release an object created with OBJ_NEW(), this wouldn't
show up without using libumem (or any other memory system other than that
of OMPI). And a second case where the situation is the other way around. I
have attached a diff to show the 3 places. And lastly the chaining of all
classes is not practical when using dynamic object loading (mca
components). Because the objects are unloaded befor the class system is
shutdown.

Bert