From: Greg Watson (gwatson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-27 01:36:41

I have been using this define to implement the orte_stage_gate_init()
functionality in PTP using OpenMPI 1.2b1 for some months now. As of
1.2b3 it appears that this define has been removed. New users
attempting to build PTP against the latest 1.2b3 build are
complaining that they are getting build errors.

Please let me know what has replaced this define in 1.2b3, and how we
can obtain the same functionality that we had in 1.2b1.

Also, I would like to know what the policy of changing interfaces is,
and when in the release cycle you freeze API changes. It's going to
be extremely difficult to release a version of PTP built against
OpenMPI if you change interfaces between beta versions.

Greg