From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-05 20:22:09

On Jan 5, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

>> I actually don't quite understand -- in this case, we *did* just take
>> a big drop from ORTE. If the problem truly is in the MPI side of the
>> house, then the "big drop" philosophy doesn't help here.
>
> No, we took a patch - one among many. That means I can't be certain
> that the
> RTE is fully consistent. While we did our best, that doesn't mean it's
> consistent.

Off list.

Now wait a minute -- I'm now very confused. You told me on the phone
the other day that for #700, you made a patch that made the RTE be
the same between the trunk and v1.2. Granted, a few things happened
on the trunk *after* you made that patch, and a few non-ORTE patches
were applied to 1.2 before yours was applied. But I'm going on what
I understood you said in that we effectively *did* take a drop
because your patch make ORTE in 1.2 become exactly like the ORTE in
the trunk...

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems