From: Brian W. Barrett (bbarrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-02 11:33:12

Because that's what we had been using and I was going for minimal
change (since this is for v1.2). Also note that *none* of this code
is in performance critical areas. Last I checked, we don't really
care how fast attribute updates and error handlers are fired... I
think there are much better ways of dealing with all the problems
addressed below, but to do it right means a fairly sizable change and
that seemed like a bad idea at this time.

Brian

   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI Team, CCS-1
   Los Alamos National Laboratory