From: Ralph H Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-06 09:07:42

We aren't ignoring your situation, Adrian - Jeff and I are talking about how
best to deal with the situation and your offer to help. This revision will
indeed see some significant change in the oob/tcp component, mostly in the
init and connect procedures.

The concern is that we want to leave open the possibility of putting this
revision into 1.2 since it will have a major performance impact on both
startup time and the max cluster size we can support. The IP6 code is
scheduled for 1.3 and we don't know what the performance impact will look
like - hence the hesitation.

We are both a little buried at the moment with other crises, but I hope we
can give you a more intelligent reply shortly.

Thanks
Ralph