From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-30 10:33:41

* Ralph Castain wrote on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:12:16PM CET:
> That could be the problem. I had to update automake, and unfortunately
> Darwin Ports hasn't reached that level yet. So I had to build and install
> automake by hand under my own bin directory. But libtool etc are all in
> /usr/bin.

Then that's the most likely cause.

* Ralph Castain wrote on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:10:35PM CET:
> m4 version is 1.4.2

Updating is advisable. M4 1.4.8 is the current version. It has
many bugfixes over 1.4.2, and there are a couple of tricky cases
where the latter is known to fail (in conjunction with autoconf).

If you excuse a small plug: Automake 1.10 and (unreleased) Autoconf 2.62
will both help to eliminate a large part of config.status execution time,
compared with the 1.9.6/2.59 combo (OpenMPI was used for testing here):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf-patches/2006-11/msg00035.html

Cheers,
Ralf