From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-30 10:10:35

m4 version is 1.4.2

I see no errors earlier in the output. There were a few additional lines
after the ones I quoted below - here is the full error output:

*** Running GNU tools
[Running] aclocal
configure.in:1994: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
[Running] autoheader
[Running] autoconf
configure.in:1997: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.

It seems that the execution of "autoconf" has failed. See above for
the specific error message that caused it to abort.

This *MAY* be caused by an older version of one of the required
packages. Please make sure you are using at least the following
versions:

GNU Autoconf 2.59
GNU Automake 1.9.6
GNU Libtool 1.5.16

Error running autogen.sh -l in romio. Aborting.

I then get a prompt. Note that I was able to update and rebuild on odin, so
perhaps this is one of those infamous wild cases where subversion didn't get
everything quite right. I will try a fresh checkout later on - got meetings
the rest of the day. I'll let you know what I find.

Should have noted: this is on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks
Ralph