From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-30 10:06:26

> * Ralph Castain wrote on Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 03:55:05PM CET:
> >
> > configure.in:1994: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> > [Running] autoheader
> > [Running] autoconf
> > configure.in:1997: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
> > If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
> > See the Autoconf documentation.

Another question: does the aclocal from Automake 1.10 find the
libtool.m4 file from your Libtool installation? IOW, if Libtool
and Automake are not installed below the same $prefix, then you
need to do something: either put the path to libtool.m4 in the
file $automake_prefix/share/aclocal/dirlist, or pass some -I
parameters to aclocal.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf