From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-30 09:55:05

Yo Brian

I updated this morning and hit a few problems. I found I was using autoconf
2.60, so I had to update to automake 1.10 as you indicated. However, once I
did that, I still couldn't build due to the following errors:

configure.in:1994: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
[Running] autoheader
[Running] autoconf
configure.in:1997: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.

It seems that the execution of "autoconf" has failed. See above for
the specific error message that caused it to abort.

This *MAY* be caused by an older version of one of the required
packages. Please make sure you are using at least the following
versions:

GNU Autoconf 2.59
GNU Automake 1.9.6
GNU Libtool 1.5.16

Error running autogen.sh -l in romio. Aborting.
pn1169403:~/openmpi/trunk rhc$

I am running:

Autoconf 2.60
Automake 1.10