From: Brian W Barrett (bbarrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-21 12:47:54

At one point, a long time ago (before anyone started working on the
native windows port), I had unpatched OMPI tarballs building on
Cygwin, using Cygwin's gcc. Which I believe is all Greg and Beth
want to do for now. But I believe that the recent code to support
Windows natively has caused some issues with our configure script
when trying to run in that mode.

Brian