From: Aleph One (perfektionist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 09:34:27

Hi,
I wanted to profile the openib btl code (and a few other routines in the
ompi layer) for performance bottlenecks.
Could anyone, who has done something similar, post instructions on how to go
about it.
I'm using gnu compilers on a SLES 9 box (ppc64). So far I have been
successful in debugging(gdb) through the PML/BTL layers & have a fair
understanding of this part of the code. It would be really helpful to know
from the core developers on how they go about diagnosing performance
problems in Open MPI.

-Aleph