From: Renato Golin (rengolin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 18:02:12

On 9/7/06, Eng. A.A. Isola <alfonso.isola_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> "short-term" not scheduled? the Client-Server is the
> most innovative spawning method in MPI2, and this is not very good that
> OpenMPI don't have it if it wants become the "BEST" MPI2 distribuition
> today available, for this moment MPICH2 and LAM are the best for
> stability and functionality!

And I would stick to them for a while before moving platforms...

What I could see of open-mpi is that it have a good and organized code
structure (to my taste, of course) and it's open. It's not just
"following an open standard" it's about being open from scratch. But
it's too early yet to move production code around.

Hope to have spare time to help it along the way...

cheers,
--renato