From: Eng. A.A. Isola (alfonso.isola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 17:41:48

But sorry why in the homepage is written:

"Features implemented or in
short-term development for Open MPI include:

    Full MPI-2 standards
conformance
"

"short-term" not scheduled? the Client-Server is the
most innovative spawning method in MPI2, and this is not very good that
OpenMPI don't have it if it wants become the "BEST" MPI2 distribuition
today available, for this moment MPICH2 and LAM are the best for
stability and functionality!

Bye

rhc_at_[hidden]
>Data: 7-set-2006 11.25 PM
>A: "Open MPI Developers"
<devel_at_[hidden]>
>Ogg: Re: [OMPI devel] MPI2 Client-Server routines
BUG!!!

it> wrote:

>>> Second, you can not use right now
MPI_Publish_name/MPI_Lookup_name
>>> accross multiple jobs, this is
unfortunatly a known bug.

>> Ohhhhh
>> noooooo!!!
>> This is a
tremendous news1 for me!!

>> But when you will
>> resolve this
problem???

>We don't have a schedule yet for resolving this - we have
some preliminary
>fixes in place in a prototype system, but we aren't
certain when those will
>move to the public release.
>

>> Then the
unique way is to use the
>> accept/connect routines with orte
daemon....

>At the moment, that *should* work - however, it has not
been fully tested as
>the system evolves. Hopefully, it will help for
now.