From: Adrian Knoth (adi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 13:51:28

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 11:46:28AM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> >> Yes, I think that's the right approach
> >
> > It's a deal. ;)
> Actually, I would disagree here (sorry for jumping in late! :-( ).

No problem, just two hours ago, Christian and me decided to drop
the idea of oob/tcp6 and go on with only one oob-tcp-component.

It shouldn't be that hard and I'll try it tonight or tomorrow.

> Can we just have one component that handles both ivp4 and ivp6?

Yes. At least that's what I try to code ;)

> Appropriate #if's can be added

Are already present.

> (I'm willing to help with the configure.m4 mojo -- the

That's good. Just check for struct sockaddr_in6 and add
-DIPV6 to the CFLAGS. This flag is currently needed by
opal/util/if.* and orte/mca/oob/tcp/*, so one might limit
it to the two corresponding makefiles.

We can also set/define IPV6 in something_config.h.
It'd also be a good idea to have a --disable-ipv6 configure flag.

--
mail: adi_at_[hidden]  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver
Die Nase ist die Bohrinsel des kleinen Mannes