From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 13:10:54

On 9/7/06 12:42 PM, "George Bosilca" <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I still wonder why we need any configuration "magic". We don't want
> to be the only one around supporting IPv4 OR IPv6. Supporting both of
> them simultaneously can be interesting, and it does not require huge
> changes. In fact, we have a problem only at the connection step,
> everything else will be identically.

The only configuration magic I'm talking about is adding relevant tests into
configure.m4 to test for the presence of IPv6 types/functions. If they're
not there, then we need to #if out the relevant code in the components.

> In fact, as we're talking about the TCP layer, we might want to
> finish the discussion we had a while ago, about merging the OOB and
> the BTL in one component. They do have very similar functions, and
> right now we have to maintain 2 components. I think it's more than
> time to do the merge, and move the resulting component or whatever
> down in the OPAL layer.
>
> I even volunteer for that. Next week I will be away, so I will come
> back with a design for the phone conference on ... well beginning of
> october.

Sounds good to me -- I'd be interested to see a design for such a beast.
There's a lot of implications, but can talk it over when you show the
design. :-)

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems