From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 11:46:28

On 9/1/06 12:21 PM, "Adrian Knoth" <adi_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:01:25AM -0600, Ralph Castain wrote:
>>> Do you agree to go on with two oob components, tcp and tcp6?
>> Yes, I think that's the right approach
> It's a deal. ;)

Actually, I would disagree here (sorry for jumping in late! :-( ).

Given the amount of code duplication, it seems like a big shame to make a
separate component that is almost identical.

Can we just have one component that handles both ivp4 and ivp6? Appropriate
#if's can be added (I'm willing to help with the configure.m4 mojo -- the
stuff to tell OMPI whether ipv4 and/or ipv6 stuff can be found and to set
the #define's appropriately).

More specifically -- I can help with component / configure / build system
issues. I'll defer on the whole how-to-wire-them-up issue for the moment
(I've got some other fires burning that must be tended to :-\ ).

My $0.02: OOB is the first target to get working -- once you can orterun
non-MPI apps properly across ipv6 and/or ipv4 nodes, then move on to the MPI
layer and take the same approach there (e.g., one TCP btl with configure.m4
mojo, etc.).

Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems