From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-07 11:46:28

On 9/1/06 12:21 PM, "Adrian Knoth" <adi_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:01:25AM -0600, Ralph Castain wrote:
>
>>> Do you agree to go on with two oob components, tcp and tcp6?
>> Yes, I think that's the right approach
>
> It's a deal. ;)

Actually, I would disagree here (sorry for jumping in late! :-( ).

Given the amount of code duplication, it seems like a big shame to make a
separate component that is almost identical.

Can we just have one component that handles both ivp4 and ivp6? Appropriate
#if's can be added (I'm willing to help with the configure.m4 mojo -- the
stuff to tell OMPI whether ipv4 and/or ipv6 stuff can be found and to set
the #define's appropriately).

More specifically -- I can help with component / configure / build system
issues. I'll defer on the whole how-to-wire-them-up issue for the moment
(I've got some other fires burning that must be tended to :-\ ).

My $0.02: OOB is the first target to get working -- once you can orterun
non-MPI apps properly across ipv6 and/or ipv4 nodes, then move on to the MPI
layer and take the same approach there (e.g., one TCP btl with configure.m4
mojo, etc.).

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems