From: Adrian Knoth (adi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-06 12:02:41

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 05:44:23PM +0200, Christian Kauhaus wrote:

> Our current plan is to look into the hostfile and see if there are
>
> (1a) just IPv4 addresses
> (1b) IPv4 addresses and hostnames for which 'A' queries can be resolved
> (2a) just IPv6 addresses
> (2b) IPv6 addresses and hostnames for which 'AAAA' queries can be resolved.

Speaking of which: Today, I've extended rds/hostfile/ to accept
IPv6 addresses.

This now gives me the possibility to specify IPv6 addresses,
resulting in an IPv4 (yes, I-P-v-four) connection.

Obviously, I'll have to investigate ;)

(just to let you know I'm working on it)

--
mail: adi_at_[hidden]  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver
Wer braucht 'ne Maus, wenn er 'ne Tastatur hat? (Sebastian Linser)