From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-06 10:13:02

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Ralph Castain wrote:

> The only use case I am really concerned about is that of a Head Node
> Process (HNP) that needs to talk to both IPv6 and IPv4 systems. I
> admit this will be unusual,

This and other aspects were discussed or at least mentioned in a
thread starting at:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2006/03/0781.php

I don't know why you think that this (talking to different nodes via
different channels) is unusual - I think that it's quite probable,
especially in a heterogenous environment.

However, if the present discussion is only about a proof of concept
version, then I'd say that anything to show IPv6 functionality would
be acceptable.

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868