From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-05 16:21:15

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 12:07 -0700, Ben Byer wrote:
> Hi all! I'm happy to report that I was able to build OpenMPI 1.1 4-
> way fat (ppc, i386, ppc64, x86_64) using buildpackage.sh.
>
> When I installed the resulting package, it installed the following
> include files:
>
> /usr/include/constants.h
> /usr/include/mpi.h
> /usr/include/mpif-common.h
> /usr/include/mpif-config.h
> /usr/include/mpif.h
> /usr/include/totalview.h
> /usr/include/types.h

> Is there a reason that those 7 include files installed in /usr/
> include shouldn't be installed in /usr/include/openmpi instead?

MPI users generally expect to find mpi.h and mpif.h in $prefix/include.
The mpif-common.h and mpif-config.h are artifacts of the way we deal
with the mixture of Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 bindings. Thinking about
it, mpif.h, mpif-common.h, and mpif-config.h really shouldn't be
installed if you don't have Fortran 77 / Fortran 90 bindings. This
needs to be fixed in the future.

constants.h, totalview.h, and types.h should not have been installed in
$prefix/include. This was a mistake in the 1.1 release that was fixed
in 1.1.1.

Brian