From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-21 08:09:57

Hello George,

Thanks for explaining.

* George Bosilca wrote on Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 11:38:21AM CEST:
> With autoconf 2.59 every C++ test generated by autoconf include the wrong
> prototype of exit.

Yes, presumably because Autoconf did not try the exit declaration that
would please that MSVC version. It's incredible the developers have
managed to use at least 4 different, incompatible declarations of a
standardized function, changing it for almost every release.

This is why Autoconf-2.60 does not try to find one any more.

> Anyway, for those not living on the edge, this commit will allow them to
> configure and eventually compile Open MPI on Windows...

I would _really_ recommend using 2.60 only for doing work with MSVC.

Cheers,
Ralf