From: gh rory (gh.rory_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-19 21:56:46

Hi,

In the process of trying to create a wrapper for open mpi to another
language. Specifically, I am trying to understand how the remote memory
access/one-sided communication works in open mpi 1.1, and I am having some
trouble.

I have begun by trying to trace the steps in a simple MPI_Get call. It
seems that ompi_osc_pt2pt_replyreq_recv in
ompi/mca/osc/pt2pt/osc_pt2pt_data_move.c is the function that receives the
data for the requesting process, however I have not been able to find the
part of the code that receives the request at the other end. It looks like
ompi_osc_pt2pt_component_fragment_cb in osc_pt2pt_component.c sends the data
back to the requesting process, but I can't see where the data is actually
copied.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is there any
documentation on the one-sided communication implementation that I should be
reading?

Thanks,

Rory.

--