From: Matthijs Richard Koot (matthijs.richard.koot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-14 04:04:26

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this list, and have a question regarding the how MPI jobs are scheduled by JMSs. If I understand correctly, to have decent management/scheduling of MPI jobs, there are requirements for both the MPI implementation and JMS implementation, for them to be 'integrated':

- the JMS needs to be 'parallel-aware', i.e. implement the PSCHED API;
- the MPI needs to be 'JMS-aware', i.e. call the PSCHED functions at the JMS.

My questions:
1. Is this correct?
2. Which question should is valid: "does OpenMPI support SGE?", or: "does SGE support OpenMPI"?
3. How do I know which JMSs (Torque/OpenPBS, SGE, LSF, ...) are compatible with which MPI implementations (OpenMPI, MPICH, MPICH-G2, ...), and vice versa?
4. Is it true that the PSCHED API is the 'de facto' for such integration?

Don't feel obligated to answer all questions, I'm happy with ANY of them answered :-)

Friendly regards,
Matthijs Koot