From: Jonathan Day (imipak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-02 19:55:54

Hi,

I'm working on developing some components for OpenMPI,
but am a little unclear as to how to implement
efficient sends and receives. I'm wanting to do
zero-copy two-sided MPI, but as far as I can see, this
is not going to be easy. As best as I can tell, the
receive mechanism copies into a temporary user buffer
then, on actually handling the receive, copies that
into the application's buffer. Would I be correct in
this interpretation?

I'm also a little hazy on how to get information on
messages being passed. What information on the sending
process is visible to the receiving BTL components?

Finally, I'm assuming that developers have, over time,
produced test harnesses and other useful (for
developers) tools that would have no real value to
general users. Has anyone put together a kit of
development aids for coders of new components?

Jonathan Day

http://mail.yahoo.com