From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-08 12:43:30

On May 6, 2006, at 7:32 PM, Dries Kimpe wrote:

> Dries Kimpe wrote:
>>
>> <quote>
>> The problem is that the OpenMPI group takes ROMIO as-is from an
>> older release. Then they pass
>> MPI_COMBINER_SUBARRAY as-is to ROMIO, which in that release it
>> does not understand. Then ROMIO blows up.
>> </quote>
>>
>> I'll try recompiling Open MPI with a newer version of ROMIO.
>>

> Found the problem;
> mca/io/romio/romio/adio/common/flatten.c contains conditional code
> for
> MPI implementations not supporting COMBINER_SUBARRAY, COMBINER_DARRAY
> and COMBINER_DUP.
>
> OpenMPI supports these, but fails to #define the necessary symbols:
>
> MPIIMPL_HAVE_MPI_COMBINER_DARRAY
> MPIIMPL_HAVE_MPI_COMBINER_SUBARRAY
> MPIIMPL_HAVE_MPI_COMBINER_DUP
>
> Because of this, ROMIO excludes support for these datatype
> constructors.

Thanks for the bug report -- I was able to duplicate your
experience. I've committed a slightly different patch to our
development trunk. It should be in tomorrow morning's nightly
tarball for any of the active release branches (the trunk, v1.0, and
v1.1):

     http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/

Thanks again,

Brian