From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 13:47:50

On May 1, 2006, at 9:07 PM, Israel Hsu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just beginning to evaluate Open MPI for usage in a research
> project.

Thanks for your interest.

> Is the "process fault tolerance" aka FT-MPI semantics being worked
> on? Or what is the roadmap for this feature? Will it be one of the
> frameworks in the MCA?

Process fault tolerance is currently under active development. At the
moment, we are working on integrating checkpoint/restart (LAM/MPI-
like) style of fault tolerance into Open MPI. The integration of that
effort into the trunk is still a few months off, at best.

FT-MPI style is on the roadmap, but with no clear date for release
unfortunately. We have not laid out exactly how FT-MPI style will be
implemented, but it will likely involve one or more MCA frameworks.

> Thanks for your time. If there's a better place to ask these
> questions, please redirect me.

This is a fine place to ask.

-- Josh

> --