From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 10:49:30

On May 2, 2006, at 9:11 AM, Adrian Knoth wrote:

> as already mentioned some weeks ago, we plan to provide IPv6-support
> for OpenMPI.
>
> Before touching the code, we'd like to have a test environment to
> ensure
> not to break anything.
>
> There is a test/-directory, but the tests inside seem to be very
> basic,
> no network testing or anything running longer than a few
> milliseconds ;)
>
> Is there a better/larger testsuite available? Or how do you test
> your code modifications?

We have an internal set of tests we run against Open MPI, but many
can not be released, so we've made the entire repository of tests
available only to members of the Open MPI development team. The two
popular sets of tests are the IBM test suite (which is what the LAM
test suite is based off of) and the Intel test suite. Generally,
those are a good start to making sure your code works. Of course,
you might want to start with something dead simple, like NetPIPE, and
work your way up ;).

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett