From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-21 06:39:26

On Jan 21, 2006, at 3:19 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Should be fixed in patch below. Also, and I forgot to add this in the
> first version of the patch: for configure, produce some output if the
> SVN server is contacted. I kept wondering why the configure script
> halted for a while there in what was a seemingly trivial local
> operation
> until I discovered what took so long there.

Just FYI: the SVN server is not contacted. svnversion is a local
operation (although it traverses your entire SVN checkout, which is
why it can be slow).

> + if test "$gv_want_svn" = 1 && test "$gv_need_svn" = 1; then

Just curious -- I typically use "-a" for multiple ANDed test
conditions, but you used "&&". Is "-a" less portable?

> + if test "$gv_svn_r" = -1; then
> + m4_ifdef([AC_MSG_CHECKING],
> + [AC_MSG_CHECKING([Obtaining SVN version])])

Totally minor point here, but will this print:

checking Obtaining SVN version...

If so, we should probably remove the redundant verb. :-)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project