From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-19 10:37:24

Luke,

I don't have access to exactly the same OS like you describe, but I
was able to run your example (using the same compilation flags as
you) on the following environments:
- 32 bits Intel Redhat Nahant 2
- 32 bits Debian testing/unstable
- 64 bits MAC OS X

I even run the Netpipe benchmark with success on the same systems.
However, there was an issue with our internal list management that
was showing up [mostly] for the shared memory device. It's fixed now
on SVN (from revision 8749).

Please update you Open MPI copy (the changes are not yet in the
nightly build so you have to checkout via SVN) and try again.

   Thanks,
     george.

On Jan 18, 2006, at 2:12 PM, Luke Schierer wrote:

> If we compile openmpi with support for posix threads (./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local --enable-mpi-threads --with-threads=posix), mpi
> hangs even with simple commands like
>
> mpiexec --host localhost --np 1 hostname
>
> lock up, and have to be killed. If we compile without the --with-
> threads=posix,
> it works fine. We've tried this with both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2a3 on a
> CentOS
> release 4.2 install (CentOS is the same as Redhat, built from the
> same sources,
> just without the trademarked name and the support), and on a Debian
> unstable install. Does anyone have any ideas on getting openmpi to
> work with posix thread support?
>
> Luke

"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other
half may reach you"
                                   Kahlil Gibran