From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-18 16:39:48

I have some troubles on windows getting the correct path for the ompi
installation directory as well as all tools used inside. We need this
path in order to be able to use the wrappers compilers, to load the
shared libraries and so on. I dig on the web and I come up with a
solution. If involve replacing the path define (it's always a define
for us) with a shell command. Depending on the OS this shell command
will do the magic to setup correctly the path. Here is an example:

Actual code:
     -DOMPI_PKGLIBDIR=\"$(pkglibdir)\"

Patched code:
     -DOMPI_PKGLIBDIR=\""`@PATH_CONVERTOR@ '$(pkglibdir)'`\""

On all UNIX flavors the PATH_CONVERTOR will be set to echo. On cygwin
will be set to "cygpath -m" so we will get the correct windows path.
I'm still looking on how to set it correctly on mingw.

I attached the patch to this email. If you know or can find a
simplest way I will be happy to hear about. As usual all comments are
welcome :)

   Thanks,
     george.

"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other
half may reach you"
                                   Kahlil Gibran