From: Luke Schierer (luke-mpi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-18 14:12:48

If we compile openmpi with support for posix threads (./configure
--prefix=/usr/local --enable-mpi-threads --with-threads=posix), mpi
hangs even with simple commands like

mpiexec --host localhost --np 1 hostname

lock up, and have to be killed. If we compile without the --with-threads=posix,
it works fine. We've tried this with both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2a3 on a CentOS
release 4.2 install (CentOS is the same as Redhat, built from the same sources,
just without the trademarked name and the support), and on a Debian
unstable install. Does anyone have any ideas on getting openmpi to
work with posix thread support?

Luke