From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-16 09:32:57

Hi all -

I committed a new set of wrapper compilers last night, intended to
solve a few problems with the existing code. The number one change
being support for opal and otre wrapper compilers (no one really
cares about the opal ones, but Ralph and the Eclipse folks at LANL
have requested the orte ones). The code was a fairly large re-write,
so I wanted some testing before we made the new compilers the
default. mpicc, mpic++, mpif77, etc. are still the old wrapper
compiles. The new ones are:

   opalcc
   opalc++/opalCC
   ortecc
   ortec++/orteCC
   ompicc
   ompic++/ompiCC/ompicxx
   ompif77
   ompif90

I think I've implemented most of the functionality found in the old
wrapper compilers. If it's not to hard, I'd appreciate it if anyone
could try compiling their test code / applications with the new ompi
{cc,c++,f77,f90} compilers just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Unless I get negative feedback, I'll make the new wrapper compilers
act as mpicc and friends end of the week.

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer