From: Craig Rasmussen (crasmussen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-04 11:45:55

On Jan 4, 2006, at 8:55 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Craig Rasmussen wrote:
>
>>> In addition to what Brian said, do you have any specific questions
>>> about Open MPI's build system, the BTL, etc.?
>>
>> There has been a flurry of traffic on CCA's email list about the lack
>> of updates to autoconf. Will this affect you all in anyway?
>
> Not sure what you're asking. AC is at version 2.59. It's true that
> it hasn't changed in quite a while, though. AC is certainly not
> dead; they've had long periods of no releases before (I think they
> publicly jumped from 2.14 to 2.50 or somesuch).

The CCA people seemed to be worried that there was a long dead time
between releases and were wondering if they should give up on autoconf
and move to something else (cmake). I love (to hate) autoconf and was
hoping that it wasn't destined for the bit bucket. But since you all
aren't
worried, I won't be either.

Thanks,
Craig