From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 16:48:12

On Dec 13, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Ralph H. Castain wrote:

> No problem with me - seems straightforward and resolves some
> confusion.

Cool.

> On the orted check for the fork pls, you will find that there is a
> flag in the process info structure that indicates "I am a daemon".
> You may just need to check that flag - gets set very early and so
> should be available in time for this purpose.

I can't do that because that means that that symbol will need to be
linked into the rsh pls component -- that symbol only exists in the
orted, so this would be problematic.

Is there a liborte function that I can call that indicates whether
the current process is an orted or not? Or an environment variable
that only exists for orted's?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project