From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 13:45:47

On Dec 13, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Bogdan Costescu wrote:

>> In short -- we ended up agreeing with you. :-)
>
> Whew, I'm surprised given the enthusiasm which you showed when seeing
> Paul's code ! Really, I thought that you will choose Paul's code with
> only the conditions changed as expressed in my last e-mail... as to
> give satisfaction to both of us :-)

Nah -- my enthusiasm was more geared towards the fact that there
*was* a solution available (I was pretty convinced that there was not
-- my appeal to the mailing list was a last ditch effort).

> But I would like to stress the fact that my conclusions came out only
> from reading the kernel code; I only did some tests on the kernels
> that I have running at the moment (RHEL3 and RHEL4 on i386). So some
> real-world testing is still needed, especially on the kernels that
> were "different".

Absolutely. Paul has looked at a bunch of kernels and verified our
tests, and we've run them on a variety of machines and it seems to be
working.

PLPA should be available Real Soon Now.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres