From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 12:30:35

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> In short -- we ended up agreeing with you. :-)

Whew, I'm surprised given the enthusiasm which you showed when seeing
Paul's code ! Really, I thought that you will choose Paul's code with
only the conditions changed as expressed in my last e-mail... as to
give satisfaction to both of us :-)

But I would like to stress the fact that my conclusions came out only
from reading the kernel code; I only did some tests on the kernels
that I have running at the moment (RHEL3 and RHEL4 on i386). So some
real-world testing is still needed, especially on the kernels that
were "different".

> As a personal sidenote -- it sucks that we all had to do this much
> research to figure this out.

Well, I consider this to be a result of applying commercial interest
to Linux. The distributions should not have backported those changes
until a final, stable API was established, but when you want to be the
first to claim "I support this and that"...

> Thanks for your diligence in pestering us about this! :-)

Eh, don't mention it! I want Open MPI to work :-)

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868