From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-09 15:06:39

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> This is friggen' amazing.

Let me disagree with you here... and not because I proposed a
different solution. ;-)

>> rc = sched_setaffinity(0, sizeof(mask), mask);

This changes whatever affinity might have been set before this check,
for example by a (smart, don't know if such exists now) batch system.
I haven't checked if it's possible, but I think that a similar
solution based on sched_getaffinity would be much better, as this
would not disturb the current settings.

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868