From: Troy Benjegerdes (hozer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-24 20:30:46

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 07:30:54PM -0500, Brian Barrett wrote:

> >> convenience --disable-ltdl-install --enable-shared --disable-
> >> static --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
> >>
> >> Troy, could you show opal/libltdl/config.log, or, if that does not
> >> reveal anything suspicious, the corresponding part of toplevel
> >> config.log (above message should be recorded there)? Thanks.
> >>

> > ARGGGG.. libltdl3-dev seemed to not be installed.
> >
> > Any way to make a check for this more explicit in autogen.sh?
>
> We don't use the system-installed libltdl, and always build our own.
> It looks like you should only need the libtool package, which we
> should check for already in autogen.sh. Was there any useful error
> message along the way?

I recall some error about libtool/libltdl, but it looked like it
succeeded.

Do you have a debian system you can remove the libltdl3 and libltdl3-dev
packages? It seems like there's some strange depenency on this.

But, on the bright side, I have a working mpirun, but not quite a
working mpi ;)

p5l0:/usr/src/netpipe3-dev# strace -f -F -o run.out mpirun -np 2 -mca
btl_base_exclude openib NPmpi
1: p5l0
0: p5l0
mpirun noticed that job rank 1 with PID 11658 on node "localhost" exited
on signal 11.
upeek: ptrace(PTRACE_PEEKUSER,11659,24,0): No such process
1 process killed (possibly by Open MPI)

the output of strace is at:
http://scl.ameslab.gov/~troy/ompi_debug/mpi-segfault.out

Any other debuging hints?