From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-21 11:18:56

On Oct 21, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:51:36AM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>
>> I just did a fresh build from the v1.0 branch. I just ran this
>> from the
>> command line.. I guess I was hopeing it was going to default to
>> ssh to
>> start things up.
>>
>> I also built this as a vpath build.... Does anyone else regularly
>> build
>> like that? It seems to at least confuse paths in gdb.
>>
>> More to come later..
>
> I apparently have some sort of magic touch that can make any software
> fall apart.. I tried a build on my debian-ppc desktop with gcc-4.0.2,
> and it died with bogus assembler messages.
>
> What systems/distros/compilers are people using for development? Is
> anyone using gcc-4.X ?

We mainly use x84/x86_64 Linux and OS X (PPC) for development. I
believe one of the developers (Josh) is testing on a fairly regular
basis with Yellow Dog Linux, but can't give any specifics.

Can you send the assembler message? It's possible I screwed
something up again (wouldn't be the first time).

Thanks,

brian