From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-11 22:20:57

On Oct 11, 2005, at 11:01 PM, Brooks Davis wrote:

>> Of course, the 1.0 nightly for tomorrow morning will not have the fix
>> just yet.
>
> Thanks. With the following patchs and passing
> --disable-pretty-print-stacktrace to configure I was able to get truck
> at rev 7709 to build. I haven't done any testing yet, but that's a
> good
> first step.

Can you elaborate on why you needed that? If there's a problem with
the stacktrace stuff on BSD, I'd like to make it either disable by
default or fix whatever is required to work properly on BSD.

> The libutil.h check is to get openpty(). The existing code checked for
> the libary, but not the header.

Thanks!

> The f77_get_fortran_handle_max.m4 change is because FreeBSD's eval
> appears to use ints internally so they overflow to negative numbers and
> cause problems. Fortunatly, they roll back over once properly escaped.

I don't quite understand this -- are you saying that $ompi_fint_max
becomes a negative number after all the *2's, and then when we escape
it and subtract one, it becomes positive? (ditto for ompi_cint_max)

Thanks for the patch!

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project