From: Brooks Davis (brooks_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 18:59:50

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 06:25:47PM -0500, Brian Barrett wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2005, at 6:12 PM, Brooks Davis wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at porting Open MPI to FreeBSD and am trying to get a
> > handle
> > on the requirements. The issue I'm hitting so far is the opal timer
> > code which won't finish configuration at the moment. Where is the API
> > to implement documented? Is there an intent to implement a sub-
> > optimal
> > version with POSIX calls at some point? If I understand the current
> > code correctly, something based on clock_gettime() and clock_getres()
> > should do it.
> >
> > Are there other things I can expect to have to implement?
>
> That should actually be about it. In theory, Open MPI should have
> fallen back to using gettimeofday(). Can you send the output of
> configure and the config.log file? As for implementing a FreeBSD-
> specific timer component, if clock_gettime() and clock_getres()
> provide reasonably low perturbationtime reference, they would be be
> ideal.

The configure output ends with:

config.status: creating test/util/Makefile
config.status: creating include/ompi_config.h
config.status: creating include/mpi.h
config.status: include/mpi.h is unchanged
config.status: linking ./opal/mca/timer/base/timer_base_null.h to opal/mca/timer/base/base_impl.h

I've attached gziped copies of the configure output and config.log.

-- Brooks