From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 18:25:47

On Oct 10, 2005, at 6:12 PM, Brooks Davis wrote:

> I'm looking at porting Open MPI to FreeBSD and am trying to get a
> handle
> on the requirements. The issue I'm hitting so far is the opal timer
> code which won't finish configuration at the moment. Where is the API
> to implement documented? Is there an intent to implement a sub-
> optimal
> version with POSIX calls at some point? If I understand the current
> code correctly, something based on clock_gettime() and clock_getres()
> should do it.
>
> Are there other things I can expect to have to implement?

That should actually be about it. In theory, Open MPI should have
fallen back to using gettimeofday(). Can you send the output of
configure and the config.log file? As for implementing a FreeBSD-
specific timer component, if clock_gettime() and clock_getres()
provide reasonably low perturbationtime reference, they would be be
ideal.

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett