From: David R. (Chip) Kent IV (drkent_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 07:24:21

I was able to get the code to compile and run by including only these 3
constants. Thanks for fixing this.

Chip

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 11:35:14AM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2005, at 3:37 PM, David R. (Chip) Kent IV wrote:
>
> > I managed to find a number of problems with the mpif.h when I tried it
> > on
> > a big application. It looks like a lot of key constants are not
> > defined
> > in this file. So far, MPI_SEEK_SET, MPI_MODE_CREATE, MPI_MODE_WRONLY
> > have broken the build. I've added them to mpif.h as I find them so
> > that
> > I can get the build to go, but I assume there are many more values
> > still
> > missing.
>
> (sorry I didn't reply earlier; was traveling with limited connectivity
> when you sent this)
>
> Yoinks. Looks like we forgot to add the MPI-2 IO constants into
> mpif.h; thanks for finding this.
>
> I'll go add them and take a swipe through the file to see if I can find
> any others that we're missing. Did you find any others that are
> missing?
>
> --
> {+} Jeff Squyres
> {+} The Open MPI Project
> {+} http://www.open-mpi.org/

David R. "Chip" Kent IV
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments Group (CCN-8)
Los Alamos National Laboratory
(505)665-5021
drkent_at_[hidden]
This message is "Technical data or Software  Publicly
Available" or "Correspondence".