From: Ferris McCormick (fmccor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-15 15:35:33

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 15:26 -0500, Brian Barrett wrote:
> Gah... The #if 0 and missing header are my bad - I'll fix those
> tonight. can you rerun the compiler on the file that errors out, but
> with the -S option to get the assembly file? It would be useful to
> know what is on lines 61, 195, and 292.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Brian

Yes, I can. I tried compiling a dummy program with just the time.h and
 val = opal_sys_timer_get_cycles();

At first glance, it looks like
    mov %tick, %o4
is generating the error. I've been fighting other things all day, so I
can't provide much more than that right now. I'll verify with the
actual failure tomorrow, if the problem persists. (I am using the svn
pull right now.)

Regards,

--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor_at_[hidden]>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel)