From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-14 16:59:58

On Sep 14, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Tim S. Woodall wrote:

> Jeff - seems like a configure/build issue to me. Shouldn't we disable
> numa support and not try to build it if the supporting libraries
> don't exist?

Not sure what you mean -- the supporting library *does* exist...? (just
not in the mode that you want)

It's LANL's strange fascination with static builds that causes the
problem. ;-)

Seriously, I can see your point, but I don't see an obvious fix -- we
don't check for the mode of the target library. We just check that
"$CC testprogram.c -L/path/to/libnuma -lnuma" works properly (actually,
this is how *all* checks are done in OMPI -- libnuma is somewhat of an
anomaly because most other packages/linux distros [depending on the
packaging] provide either just the .a or both the .a and the .so).

Brian / Ralf -- any ideas here?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project