From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-08 10:41:58

On Sep 8, 2005, at 6:23 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Ok, I checked, and here's the quick and correct solution then:
> ./config.status ompi/mca/rcache/base/Makefile depfiles
>
> The automatic rebuilding rules emitted by Automake should cause exactly
> this to be issued, though (Automake >= 1.6). So, if you have a test
> case where this doesn't work, feel free to show it so we can fix
> Automake.

Yes, this has actually been a problem for years -- in some cases when
you add new files to a Makefile.am, although I haven't quantified it
exactly. I'm in a meeting all day today, but I'll see if I can make a
repeatable small test case over the weekend or something.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project