From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-08 06:23:10

Hi George,

* George Bosilca wrote on Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 09:08:36PM CEST:
> On Sep 7, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > * George Bosilca wrote on Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 08:29:44PM CEST:
> >
> >> It can happpens that the compilation will fails after the rcache
> >> commit. It's again a dependency problem. You just have to go in the
> >> ompi/mca/rcache/base directory (in the tree where you compile) and
> >> do:
> >> mkdir .deps
> >> make -k

> The mkdir + make -k is maybe not the best (or simplest) solution but
> for ompi is definitively the fastest. If I modify the Makefile.am the
> build system will detect it and regenerate the correct makefile.
> Except the dependencies ... that's why we have to create the .deps
> directory and then force the make to create them.

Ok, I checked, and here's the quick and correct solution then:
  ./config.status ompi/mca/rcache/base/Makefile depfiles

The automatic rebuilding rules emitted by Automake should cause exactly
this to be issued, though (Automake >= 1.6). So, if you have a test
case where this doesn't work, feel free to show it so we can fix
Automake.

Cheers,
Ralf